Saffron Risotto on Kombucha by Laurent
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 teaspoon of clarified butter
- half an onion, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml Kombuchy by Laurent BODY DETOX BLACK LILAC
- 100 g of rice for risotto (Arborio)
- 450 ml of hot vegetable stock
- 6 large tablespoons of frozen green peas
- a pinch of saffron
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
Plus fresh basil leaves for decoration.
Preparation: Boil the peas in slightly salted water for a few minutes. Pour the saffron threads in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of boiled water. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the finely chopped onion and garlic. Fry for a while until everything is softened. Note, make sure that the onion does not burn. Put the rice in, gently salt it and fry it while stirring until the rice becomes glassy. Pour in the kombuche and, stirring, fry until a little liquid evaporates. Add the saffron strands dissolved in water. Then gradually add the hot vegetable stock. Add a portion of the broth as soon as the rice absorbs the previous one. And so for about 20 minutes. Finally, add the cooked peas and 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Season everything with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle with a third tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese.
Edyta Piesyk-Gratkiewicz – dietitian, psycho-dietician during specialization, chemist and author of the cookandlife.pl culinary blog. On a daily basis, she works with people with obesity problems and diet-related diseases.